What are Dental Implants?
If you have one or several missing teeth, you can likely benefit from dental implants, a small titanium post surgically inserted into the jaw bone that support dental restorations like dental crowns, FOY® Dentures, bridges, and much more. Dental implants are the closest restoration to real teeth you can get.
One of the best aspects of visiting StarImage Dental Boutique & Oral Surgery is that Dr. Urbanek is your oral surgeon. In his 25+ year career, he has placed over 6,000 dental implants and completed countless continuing education on the subject. If you’re interested, your journey will start with a consultation with Dr. Urbanek. He will examine your mouth, take a CT scan, and determine if you’re a good candidate. In most cases, patients are good candidates as long as they have good oral health and sufficient bone. If there isn’t enough bone, we can discuss performing a bone graft to help.
Dr. Urbanek will also determine how many implants you need to achieve your results. We can provide dental implants to replace single teeth, multiple teeth, or an entire mouth of teeth.
If you need to have teeth extracted first, we can complete the extraction and then place the dental implants immediately afterward – no waiting period involved. Following your extraction, Dr. Urbanek will surgically insert the titanium post in the extraction socket (or empty socket if you lost your teeth years ago).
After placing the implant, we will usually attach a temporary restoration to wear while your jaw heals. Within three to six months, your jaw will heal enough
Who’s a Good Candidate?
To be a good candidate for dental implants, we require good oral health first and foremost. Your jaw must also have a certain amount of bone to hold the implants in place. However, we offer several types of restorative procedures that may not require you to get a bone graft beforehand as most dental implant procedures would. To find out if you’re a good candidate for dental implants and to choose the best tooth replacement option for you, please schedule a consultation with our dental implant dentists in Southlake, TX.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants offer a number of benefits because they are the closest tooth replacement option to natural teeth. See what your life looks like with our list of benefits below.
- Natural Feeling – Chewing with implants feels similar to chewing with natural teeth because your restoration applies pressure to the jaw bone thanks to the support of the implants.
- Prevents Bone Loss – Replacing your missing tooth root automatically stimulates the jaw bone, which prevents bone loss.
- Improves Confidence – Whether you lived without teeth before or hated your dentures, dental implants will enhance your self-confidence and make eating, talking, and smiling feel great again.
- Enhances Facial Appearance – With the implants stimulating the jaw bone, it can continue to support your facial structures which can help remove signs of premature aging like wrinkles or jowls.
- Long-Lasting – With the right care and oral hygiene habits, your implants can last up to a lifetime!
Discover the Best Way To Replace Missing Teeth in Southlake
If you’re ready to transform your life and oral health with dental implants, contact StarImage Dental Boutique & Oral Surgery to schedule a consultation with Dr. Urbanek today. Please call (817) 587-4414 to book an appointment at our Southlake, TX dental office.