What are Porcelain Veneers?
Veneers are thin sheets of porcelain material custom shaped and colored to provide a tooth with a new appearance. We bond the thin shells of porcelain to the front of your teeth to completely mask the tooth underneath. Veneers are an excellent long term solution and do not stain like natural teeth. They’re the ideal treatment option for any patient who wants to achieve a perfect smile.
We highly recommend porcelain veneers for any patients who experience the following issues:
- Discolored or stained teeth
- Broken, chipped, or cracked teeth
- Gapped or misaligned teeth
- Irregularly shaped or uneven teeth
Veneers can cover almost any physical flaws on your teeth. Our only requirement is that patients have healthy teeth and be free of gum disease. To find out if you’re a good candidate for porcelain veneers, book an appointment with our Southlake cosmetic dentist, Dr. Green.
Correct Your Smile in Just Two Appointments
When you arrive for your consultation with Dr. Green about getting porcelain veneers, he will examine your smile and discuss your ideal smile. If he determines veneers are right for you, he will discuss how many veneers would benefit your smile. Some patients need just a few while others can benefit from adding veneers to all the teeth that show when they smile. The decision is ultimately up to you. To help you make your decision, we will give you an idea of what your teeth will look like after your procedure.
After you decide how many veneers you want, Dr. Green will need to prep your teeth for the procedure. To make sure your veneers look natural, he needs to remove a thin layer (about half a millimeter) of your enamel from your teeth. This will create room for the veneers when they’re bonded to your teeth. After he’s finished prepping your teeth, he will take impressions. The impressions are sent to the dental lab where they construct your veneers.
While you wait for your veneers to return from the dental lab, we will provide you with a pair of temporary porcelain veneers to wear in the meantime. These will protect your teeth and help you maintain your smile while you wait. In just a few weeks, you will return to our dental lab where we permanently bond the veneers to your teeth. Dr. Green will make any final adjustments and in just two appointments, you will have a brand new smile!
Experience the Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
If you’re not sure if porcelain veneers are the right solution for you, it’s helpful to understand all the benefits that come with porcelain veneers.
- Immediate results – Unlike braces, porcelain veneers provide you with immediate results that can help you feel confident as soon as you leave the dental office.
- Long-lasting – Most people need to whiten their teeth at least once per year to maintain a luminescent smile. With porcelain veneers, you don’t have to worry about whitening your teeth for up to ten years when it comes time to replace your veneers.
- Natural results – Some patients want the whitest smile possible while others want a more natural appearance. If you want to keep your results looking as natural as possible, we can make it a reality.
- All-In-One – Instead of getting several different treatments to achieve your ideal smile, porcelain veneers combine treatment into one. This saves you time and most likely money!
- Improve your confidence – The best benefit of all. Finally love the way your smile looks and feel confident at every moment of your life.
If you want to experience these fantastic benefits of porcelain veneers yourself, schedule a consultation at our Southlake, TX dental office today! Our cosmetic dentist will show you just how amazing porcelain veneers can make your smile. Please call (817) 587-4566 to book an appointment today.